The Young Adult Group consists of vibrant individuals in their 20’s and 30’s that are all at different stages in their lives – single, dating, with and with out children, just graduated, or well into their careers. The group meets each Thursdays at 5:30 in classroom 32 in the basement to mingle, plan church and community events, and learn through various Bible and topical studies.
Each year the Young Adults host various events and activities for the church, community, and preschool families. Below are just a few of the items the group actively participates in:
- Pre-school Activities: Activities are held to bring together the Wesley Grove congregation and pre-school families each school year.
- Pre-k Picnic: Each Fall the Young Adults host a picnic after worship on Christian Education Sunday to kick off the new school year and welcome both new and returning pre-school students. Delicious food is served while various activities are available to the children – face painting, games, and meeting the local fire department.
- Movie Nights: At least once a year the Fellowship Hall is transformed into a theater for all to view one of the latest family movies (Frozen and Inside Out were the most recent!) over popcorn, pizza, and ice cream.
- Social Events: Each quarter social events are held to gather all friends and families in fellowship. Some of the past events included a free Pilates class, recipe sample/exchange party, and holiday Pinterest Party.
- Community Involvement:
- Strawberry Festival: The Young Adults host a Kids Korner at the church’s annual event where children can play games, win prizes, or play in the moon bounce while their parents shop.
- Sarah’s House: The group volunteers at Sarah’s House in Ft. Meade each year. They prepare a homemade meal and serve it to the residents of the transitional housing program.
- Group Outings: Throughout the year the group gathers to relax and unwind outside of the church setting. Last year they went out for dinner/appetizers at local restaurants, held a summer BBQ and bonfire, and went paint balling.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please contact Jill Evans. We would love to have you!